Free entry at the National Museum of Flight as The National Lottery Open Week returns
As a recipient of National Lottery funding, the National Museum of Flight in East Fortune is inviting players to visit for free on 25 and 26 March
To say thank you for the £30 million raised for good causes every week by players, The National Lottery is offering free entry and special offers at a range of National Lottery funded venues across the UK as part of The National Lottery Open Week.
Anyone with a valid National Lottery ticket or scratchcard can enjoy exclusive offers at Lottery-funded venues on selected dates between Saturday 18 – Sunday 26 March and attractions for a low-cost and unique day out with their loved ones, including the National Museum of Flight in East Fortune.
There is so much to explore this Open Week, from delving into the past at historical houses, castles and museums to embracing nature at wildlife hotspots or enjoying a culture fix at art galleries and theatres across the UK.
On Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 March the National Museum of Flight is offering free entry to National Lottery players. Visitors to the Museum should book a timed entry ticket online in advance of their visit and bring along both their admission ticket and lottery ticket or scratch card.
Steve McLean, General Manager at the National Museum of Flight said:
“We’re delighted to be taking part in The National Lottery Open Week this year. We’ve been fortunate to receive National Lottery funding, which has enabled us to redevelop two of our Second World War hangars. These spaces tell the stories of military and civil aviation, from the first use of air-to-air weapons in 1914 and drone warfare in the 21st century, to flying for fun and connecting distant communities. So, this is our way of saying thank you to everyone who has bought a National Lottery ticket, helped us on our journey and made a vital contribution to supporting good causes.”
To view all venues and offers that are available throughout The National Lottery Open Week, visit www.nationallotteryopenweek.com.
Darren Henley OBE, Chief Executive of Arts Council England and Chair of the National Lottery Forum said:
“The National Lottery Open Week offers players a fantastic opportunity to enjoy a low-cost day out at venues across the UK – from castles to nature reserves, museums to sports venues. It’s our way of saying thank you to National Lottery players who raise an incredible £30 million each week for Good Causes. That funding makes a huge difference to venues and projects across the arts, sports, community and heritage sectors, funding many iconic venues, historical landmarks and other amazing days out across the UK.”
To discover more participating venues, insider tips and how to redeem offers for The National Lottery Open Week visit www.nationallotteryopenweek.com.
Terms and conditions and booking instructions across special offers will vary, check the individual offer listing for details. All National Lottery games, including National Lottery draw-based games, Instant Win Games, and National Lottery scratchcards, purchased in-store and online / via app, qualify to redeem this offer. Proof of purchase of a National Lottery game can be either hard copy ticket or digital. The date of draw / purchase is not relevant.
Notes to editors
National Museums Scotland is one of the leading museum groups in the UK and Europe and it looks after collections of national and international importance. The organisation provides loans, partnerships, research and training in Scotland and internationally. Our individual museums are the National Museum of Scotland, the National Museum of Flight, the National Museum of Rural Life and the National War Museum. The National Museums Collection Centre in Edinburgh houses conservation and research facilities as well as collections not currently on display
- The National Lottery raises more than £30 million for Good Causes every week and includes the funding of many iconic venues, historical landmarks and other amazing days out across the UK
- Since The National Lottery’s first draw took place on 19 November 1994, more than £47 billion has been raised for Good Causes, with 670,000 individual grants being awarded in the areas of arts, sport, community and heritage.
- For more information, please visit www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk
- To say thank you for the £30m raised for good causes every week by players, National Lottery-funded venues are offering free entry, discounts, and special offers throughout Open Week.
- A National Lottery ticket or scratchcard can be used to unlock the offers at www.nationallotteryopenweek.com
- The National Lottery Open Week runs 18 - 26 March 2023
- On 25 and 26 March, the National Museum of Flight is taking part in the National Lottery Open Week. Book a timed entry ticket online for every member of your group in advance of your visit and bring both your admission ticket and your lottery ticket or scratch card with you. One line or scratch card per person. Visit nms.ac.uk/flight for further details.
Bheireadh Oifis nam Meadhanan eadar-theangachadh Gàidhlig den bhrath-naidheachd seachad do bhuidhinn mheadhanan bharantaichte. Cuiribh fios do dh'Oifis nam Meadhanan airson bruidhinn air cinn-latha freagarrach.